Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Blues

So, as some of you may know (All three followers at this point) I played Thunderstep on For The Horde Radio.  I joined the show late in the game, and only after sending in letters about my cliff diving habits of my troll shaman (Founder of the crater of the month club).

As of yesterday, show #50 has aired... and For the Horde Radio has closed its doors on the podcast world.  I find myself becomming rather introspective about the whole experience now, but then again I don't want to get too sappy or maudlin here.

I loved being on the show, having the opportunity to write some good stories, tell some other stories, laugh, yell, and just have a great times with folks that have fast become my friends.  I know the guild in game will carry on, but there is a part of me that feels like something special really passed away on Sunday and I miss it already.

That is not to say that the show should have continued on.  I think Auntie Ed was damn right in that it was time for her to close up shop.  I loved the show while it was there, but like all good things it was time to move on.

I just hope that Auntie Ed, Grand Master Z, Anim5, Big V, and even Zogofxp will still stay in touch with me and each other from time to time.  For some reason I always get afraid that when something ike this ends, the folks involved will never see each other again.  That's kinda silly in this situation, but then again I remember saying to friends I made in college that I would keep in touch and I have not seen or heard from then again either. 

Oh and before someone starts ragging on me about not contacting them, yeah that's true, but I'm also not sure where to begin to try and find folks with just knicknames like "Baloo" and "Monkey-Boy" to work with...  Oh and if you must know, I was just known as "Captain" on campus.  Long story, I'll spare you.

I made some special friends on FTH radio.  I also really felt good making and putting stories out there.  I never would have had either if not for Auntie Ed.

Thanks Auntie Ed...  Thanks for everything.  See ya soon I hope.

-->Thunderstep Splinterhoof

(Thanks Saigan for the Pic!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment