Tuesday, January 18, 2011

As the Mind Falters

I have not been ignoring my blog, I just have been avoiding it, it seems.

So the holidays have come and gone, and over the break I have accomplished very little.  Got some story writing done, got some gaming ideas fleshed out, met up once with a group of gamers, and played a LOT of Warcraft.  Probably way more than I should have.

So It's the new year now, and I have a new semester of teaching and taking classes to look forward to as well as an opportunity to get some folks together on Skype and play my homebrew QAGS setting.  I even advertised on the Monkeys Took My Jetpack forums and got a few bites from the heroic crew there!

So, what now?  As always this blog remains as part of my brain droppings for ideas and perhaps discuss with other folks what to do and not to do.

The question at the moment however, should I try podcasting again?  It was suggested that I record sessions of any game I run/play and see what I can do with them.  As much as I like that, I don't want to steal anyone's thunder, especially not from MTMJP and The Gutter Skypes.  I also had the crazy idea of possibly podcasting some of my stories as I write them, perhaps as a way to FORCE me to get more stuff done on them...  However I have to be realistic here.  I'm teaching college level courses, taking courses from my own Ph.D. and I have a family.  Dedicating some time for gaming is a luxury so perhaps trying to tackle podcasting as well may be a bit much.

Ah well... as I said, it's a new year so lets see what comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment